Gifts of Real Estate
How It Works
- You deed your home, your vacation home, undeveloped property or a commercial building to Audubon.
- Audubon may use the property for its own purposes or may sell it and use the proceeds.
- You receive an income tax deduction for the appraised fair market value of the real estate at the time of the transfer.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer.
- You can direct the proceeds from your gift to a specific program at the National Audubon Society.
The National Audubon Society is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Our federal tax ID number is 13-1624102.