Charitable Remainder Unitrusts
How it Works
- You transfer cash, securities or other appreciated property into a trust.
- The trust pays a percentage of the value of its principal, which is valued annually, to you or beneficiary(ies) you name.
- When the trust terminates, the remainder passes to Audubon to be used as you have directed.
- Receive income for life or a term of years in return for your gift.
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your contribution.
- Pay no upfront capital gains tax on appreciated assets you donate.
- You can make additional gifts to the trust as your circumstances allow for additional income and tax benefits.
The National Audubon Society is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Our federal tax ID number is 13-1624102.