Retained Life Estate
How it Works
- You transfer your residence, farm, or vacation home to Audubon.
- You continue to live in the property for life or a specified term of years, and continue to be responsible for all taxes and upkeep.
- The property passes to Audubon when your life estate ends.
- You can give us a significant asset, and retain lifetime use.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the gift portion.
- You can terminate your life estate at any time and may receive an additional income tax deduction.
Office of Gift Planning
National Audubon Society
225 Varick Street, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10014