Retained Life Estate
How it Works
- You transfer your residence, farm, or vacation home to Audubon.
- You continue to live in the property for life or a specified term of years, and continue to be responsible for all taxes and upkeep.
- The property passes to Audubon when your life estate ends.
- You can give us a significant asset, and retain lifetime use.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the gift portion.
- You can terminate your life estate at any time and may receive an additional income tax deduction.